Ways to Eat
Here are some of our favorite ways to eat cheese:
- * Grilled in a sandwich
- * Cut into squares
- * Melted over pasta
- * Put inside of another food
- * In Curds
- * Next to The Gouda Girls
* Scholars believe cheese was discovered in the Middle East by the nomadic Turkic tribes as early as 8000 BC, when sheep were first domesticated. The animal hides caused separation into curds and whey by movement of the herders.
* Earliest archeological evidence of cheese making has been discovered in the tomb murals in Egypt.
* The United States is the top producer of cheese in the world, with Wisconsin and California leading the states in production. ( GO WISCONSIN CHEESE)
* The Chalet Cheese Cooperative, located in Monroe, Wisconsin, is the only maker of limburger cheese in North America today. (it is also the smelliest cheese variety made)
* The United States Produces over 2 Billion pounds of cheese each year
* The average American eats more than 27 pounds of cheese each year
* Americans eat 2.2 billion grilled cheese sandwiches per year, about 8.4 per person!
* Although the term "cheesehead" originated as a derogatory term used by Illinois sports teams to refer to their bordering sports rivals in Wisconsin. Most Wisconsinites have turned the term into a point of pride.
* The first Cheesehead Hat was manufactured in St. Francis Wisconsin by Foamation, Inc- Way to Invent a good thing guys!